Our commitment to you
Personal information refers to data that identifies an individual, such as name, postal address, email address or phone number. Newsletter choices, product purchases, instrument registrations and consumer product preferences are also associated with personal information.
Collection of information
You are able to visit our website without revealing who you are or any information about yourself. If however, you fill in a form on our website we will receive and use the information that we collect in the ways outlined below.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Company/organisation name
- Contact information including email address, phone number and physical address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Industry sector or application in which you intend to use our products
- Enquiries about and orders for our products and services
- Details of the ION Science instrument(s) you have registered (when registering your instrument(s) online)
- Your email marketing preferences
- How you found out about us
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will always give you the option to unsubscribe to our emails at any time.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- On submitting a job application or enquiry you may provide us with information, such as application form/CV/covering letter, including your name, title, contact details, photograph, employment history, experience, skills, qualifications/training (including educational, vocational, driving licences where appropriate), referees’ names and contact details, etc.. If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your personal data for up to 6 months from the date we notify you of our decision. (Note, we may keep your personal data for longer than 6 months if you have asked us to consider you for future vacancies). Please see our Job Applicants Privacy Notice for more details.
Our policy for protecting your online privacy
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for ION Science.
We will never use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of our computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a series of web pages that explain how cookies work and how they can be managed.
Disclosure of information
Disclosure of your personal information
Any personal information that we collect about you through our websites or that you provide to us when you contact us will not be shared outside of ION Science without your permission, except as described below.
Disclosure to service providers
ION Science outsources a number of services which allows services to be provided on our behalf, such as website hosting, conducting surveys, performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, our products or services.The companies we deal with receive only the data that is needed containing your personal information to deliver those services effectively and are prohibited from using personal information for any other purpose.
Disclosure of information to our authorised network of ION Science Distributors
You can find where our Distributors are located on each of the product pages on our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
The personal information we collect on our sites or that you provide to us when you contact us may be sent to countries outside of the European Union (EU) where other ION Science offices and distributors maintain facilities. Countries outside the EU may have different data protection laws to those adhered to at ION Science, however, we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our websites or contacting us and giving your information to us, you consent to the transfer of the data outside of your country.
As a B2B organisation the nature of our business means we tend to deal with adults aged 18 or over. If aged under 18 when making an enquiry for study purposes for example, we ask that you ask someone who is 18 or over to make the enquiry on your behalf. ION Science does not knowingly target or collect information from anyone under 18 years of age.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to ION Science Ltd, The Hive, Butts Lane, Fowlmere, Cambs, SG8 7SL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ION Science Ltd
Telephone: +44 (0) 1763 208503
Changes to this privacy statement
ION Science may occasionally update this policy by updating this web page. In doing so we will amend the ‘last updated’ date you will find at the bottom of this statement. We advise that you check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Last updated: September 2020